National SAL Website
Sons of The American Legion
An eligible member must be a male descendant or stepson of a member of The American Legion.Others eligible to join are:
1. Male descendants, stepsons included, of any veteran who died in service during World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama or the Persian Gulf War. See specific time periods for service during these conflicts.
2. Male descendants and stepsons of a veteran who died subsequent to his or her honorable discharge from service in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama or the Persian Gulf War. The same eligibility periods apply.
Coleman A. Young Post 202 would like to start a SAL Squadron. At present we have 3 potential members:
· State Representative Coleman A. Young II, son of World War 2 veteran Coleman A. Young
· Post Commander Chester B. Trail Jr, son of World War 2 veteran Chester B. Trail
· Post Adjutant Richard I. Chatman, son of World War 2 veteran Hura T. Chatman.
We need at least 10 members to start a squadron. We are asking all members who know of a member or veteran that has a stepson, son, or grandson or if you are the son, stepson or grandson of a veteran, to help us in starting the Coleman A. Young Post 202 SAL Squadron.
Copyright © 1996 - 2004 by The American Legion- All Rights Reserved