To our patriotic and civic minded citizens, businesses and organizations:
As A Supporter
We serve our communities because we want to make a difference and we want to be good neighbors.The theme of The American Legion is “Still Serving America.” That theme has a special meaning.
We would really appreciate you considering becoming a supporter of our Post. You can do this in a variety of ways, most notably making a donation to our general fund, which I assure you will go mainly toward The American Legion Programs we support, assisting Veterans and their families, supporting community partners who help Veterans or are doing something positive for the city of Detroit.
We are a 501c-19 organization, which means:
1. Veterans’ organizations qualify for exemption under IRC 501©(3)
2. Contributions to Veterans’ Organizations
a. IRC 170(c) (3) provides an income tax deduction for contributions to a post of “War Veterans”.
3. Our Federal Tax I.D. number will be furnished to you upon request.
Some of the ways that you or your organization can also become a supporter of our Post is by making in-kind donations:
1. Food supplies to a Veterans or Post 202 sponsored community event
2. Donating clothing or other items to needy or Homeless Veterans
3. Being a strong advocate for Veteran Services in Washington, Lansing, Detroit
4. Accepting invitations to speak at a Post meeting or Veterans Event
5. Accepting invitations to participate in Patriotic Events
6. Offering programs or assistance to Veterans and their families at little or no cost
7. Offering programs that assist our children & youth
8. Offering programs that assist our incarcerated veterans
9. Providing employment opportunities for our Veterans or returning Veterans
We would really hope that you will seriously consider joining Coleman A. Young Post 202 as a supporter. With your permission we will list you on our web page as a supporter so that Veterans in the State of Michigan as well as World Wide can see that you are “Veteran Friendly” and just don’t say “thank you for your service” but mean it.
To become a supporter fill out and either mail/email the Supporter form to me or call me direct for more information.
As you consider the many charitable requests from the many worthwhile organizations that solicit you for donations, WOULD YOU PLEASE consider moving COLEMAN A. YOUNG POST 202 AND THE VETERANS WE SERVE, to the top of the list?
US Congressman John Dingell
Detroit City Council President Brenda Jones
Detroit Deputy Mayor Isaiah "Ike Mckinnon" Vietnam Air Force Veteran
BG Michael A. Stone Michigan Army National Guard
The Honorable Judge Khalil 17th District Veterans Court